Saturday, February 13, 2010

6 month update!

I know its super late (2:30 here) but I’ve been up with Lucas all night, he just keeps waking up and screaming for no reason and unless I pick him up and love on him he wont quiet down!  He has a slight fever but the doctor said that is normal and not to worry since the boys had 4 shots each yesterday (including the H1N1 which I wasn’t completely sold on but Jim convinced me, against my better judgment, that they should get the vaccine.)   Anyways, I gave him a little Tylenol and he seems to be sleeping good now but every time I climb in bed he wakes up so I’m hoping if I can get through writing this whole entry and he’s still asleep then I’ll be okay to climb in to bed and not worry about him waking up.  With my luck that will never happen but a girl can dream right?!?

As I mentioned above we went to the doctors yesterday for the boys 6 month appointments.  Wyatt is 18 pounds, 3 ounces and 27 inches long; Lucas is 18 pounds even and 26 and a quarter inches long!  My boys are getting so big!  They are now cleared to eat meats like chicken and turkey too which I’m very excited about!  (I <3 making our own baby food!)  Other than that the doctor told us that if we change anything he will be “pissed” LoL.  He says we’re doing a wonderful job and they are super healthy and he’s very impressed at how well they are doing for being preemie twins.  That made Jim and I feel like very proud parents :)

This past week we also got the boys 6 month pictures taken!  The boys cried the WHOLE time we were there! For the most part we were able to get some pictures with them not crying but getting a smiling picture was nearly impossible!  We did get some cute ones of them screaming though!

On another note, as I mentioned in previous post, they have been rolling over like little champs.  They roll all over the place.  They are starting to really figure out that they can roll to where they want to be and its so cute.  Today they were on opposite sides of the blanket on the floor and they rolled towards each other and met in the middle!  I <3 watching them figure out they can do things.  Wyatt has figured out that if he sees me and makes eye contact and starts screaming I will immediately drop everything and pick him up…lovely.  I feel like I’m spoiling them but at the same time they are just 6 months old so what’s the harm in catering to them every once in a while LoL. 

Oh yeah, a few weeks ago Jim bought me an upgrade for my phone and got me a ‘Droid’ (which is kind of like an iPhone but for the Verizon network instead of the AT&T network) for Valentines Day.  Well I went over and over in my head with what to get him for the “big day” and finally settled on…..A GAS GRILL!!!  He’s always wanted one ever since I’ve met him and now that we have a house I thought he was the perfect gift for the perfect husband.  I was right.  He loves his grill just as much as I love my phone.  Even though its not V-Day yet, I needed the phone and I couldn’t hide the grill so we exchanged gifts early I guess.  Anyways, I believe this holiday is a success…even if Jim has to work on Valentines Day, at least we already celebrated ours! :)

Anyways, enjoy the 6 month pictures, I’m going to TRY and get some sleep.  Jim will be home tomorrow so hopefully if I don’t get good sleep tonight I’ll get a short nap in tomorrow afternoon.  I think its the first day in a while we don’t have something planned.  A day to relax and, well, clean…yippie. 

Mommy with Wyatt and Daddy holding Lucas:1 (all) (c)29 (all) (c)Mommy, Wyatt, Lucas, and Daddy:30 (all) (c)Pictures of Lucas:2 (l) (s)4 (l) (c)5 (l) (s)6 (l) (c)3 (l) (s)Pictures of Wyatt:10 (w) (s)12 (w) (c)14 (w) (s)13 (w) (s)Lucas on the left and Wyatt on the right:7 (lw) (c)I truly believe this is the MOST ADORABLE picture ever taken of the boys!  I <3 how Lucas is looking at Wyatt like “why are you crying bubba?!?”8 (lw) (c)9 (lw) (s)Wyatt on the left and Lucas on the right:20 (wl) (c)This is my other FAVORITE picture.  I love love love it.

These pictures have Lucas on the “top” and Wyatt on the “bottom”:17 (lw) (c)We couldn’t get a good picture of them without “binks” in their mouths…18 (lw) (c)Then we actually had to give them the keys to keep them smiling haha19 (lw) (c)and this is what happened when we took both away…so much for a happy picture LoL.

Lucas with Mommy and Daddy:25 (lm) (s)26 (lm) (c)the ONLY smiling picture out of the entire bunch!27 (ld) (s)28 (ld) (c)Wyatt with Mommy and Daddy:21 (wm) (s)22 (wm) (c)23 (wd) (s)24 (wd) (s)And lastly, pictures of JUST Mommy and Daddy!  I <3 that we have the opportunity to get these because we don’t have too many pictures of just “us”… (And Lucas is crying again, I knew this was too good to be true…) real quick:16 (dm) (c) 15 (dm) (s)

~The Daveluy’s   

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are terrific. Wyatt looks like quite the little ham in his. Isn't it funny how you can see their personality when they're still so young. From their pics and their weigh in I would never have guessed they were preemies. You guys must be doing everything right.

    Enjoy these days when they still let you pick them up and cuddle them. Now that David has hit a year - the cuddle times are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are adorable. Wow they are big. My Lucas is almost 9 months old and just about 19 lbs but we did have some feeding issues in the beginning and its a rough subject. Sounds like they are right on target for everything.

    Your Lucas sounds like my Lucas. He randomly cries in the middle of the night almost every night. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete