Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

IMG_1422So I can’t even remember the last time we had so much snow here in Memphis.  For those of you up north it may not look like a lot but trust me, Germantown Parkway is like an ice rink (according to Jim…)  I have yet to venture farther than my front porch in fear of slipping and busting my IMG_1423behind or wrecking my car.  (Jim said he could barely get the trash to the dumpsters with out slipping and falling down!)  We decided against going to Arkansas this weekend like previously planned for the simple excuse that we didn’t want to get the boys out in it.  Which really isn’t an excuse at all, its reality.  I myself and TERRIFIED of driving in the snow and even though Jim is practically a pro (being from Michigan and all) it still makes me uncomfortable.  Don’t get me wrong I trust Jim and I know that he could get us there safe…its just the OTHER people I don’t trust!  Southerners don’t have a CLUE how to drive in the snow/ice and with my children I’m not risking it.  IMG_1424They are just too precious.  I am super bummed though because I REALLY wanted to see my dad this weekend.  I miss him so much!  Oh well, guess we’ll just have to go on Jim’s next weekend off…whenever that is.  (I’ll have to check.)

On another note I realized that I haven’t really posted any pictures of the boys on here so here is an update from beginning to end…in pictures.148 

This picture was taken in the hospital.  That is Wyatt trying to nurse Lucas’s nose.  cute right?

 

 

 

004This is our first family photo together…I had lots of meds in me since it was an emergency c-section.  I had to be put on Magnesium and seriously don’t remember the first 3 days of the boys life.  It sucks, but at least I’m alive and so are they!

018 (2)

This is Jim holding both the boys for the first time.  I love how TINY they are.  (they are so big now!)

 

 

164

Here we are leaving the hospital!  We were so excited to take the boys home.  Born at 34.5 weeks they were discharged a whole day before mommy!

 

177

This is Wyatt in his “Bumbo” for the first time…he was so little that his legs didn’t even stick out!  He still weighed less that 6 lbs here!

 

233

 

This is one of my favorite pictures….Lucas on the left and Wyatt on the right cuddling on the “Newborn Boppy Pillow”  I <3 how tiny they were!  I wish they would be small again…I mean, without the sleepless nights and all that. LoL.

2

This is my favorite picture of all time.  This was taken when the boys were 3 weeks old.  I have it framed in my hallway…its the best picture.  To me this picture says more than a thousand words…its the three most important people in my life.

 

 

303

Just for comparison, here is a picture of Wyatt about a month old.  He is STILL in preemie clothes here! LoL.

 

 

344

I used to LOVE wrapping the boys all tight in their blankets and putting them both in the bouncy seat!  They liked it too!

 

 

430

Lucas used to scoot up to the top of his cradle until he couldn’t scoot anymore…This is still in September…but they are finally in Newborn clothes here!

 

0816091542a

This is a picture of the boys first walk in their stroller.  Grandma Daveluy and I packed them up one day while Jim was at work and walked them around the neighborhood.  You can’t actually see them here but I still love this memory :)

 

 

317

Here is a picture that Grandma Daveluy took of Jim and I with the boys (honestly I’m not sure which is which I’d have to get out my picture album to check)  We were on the roof of the Peabody Hotel…The boys first time sight seeing!

401

This picture was taken at the baby shower that they threw for the boys in Arkansas.  Wyatt is on the left and Lucas is on the right.  They boys slept thought most of it but we still had a good time.

660

This picture shows Lucas on the left and Wyatt on the right…lounging on mommy and daddy’s bed.  These are my all time FAVORITE outfits they received…they say “King of Cute” with a lion on the chest area.  <3 them.

690

October certainly was a busy month for us.  They boys had a MAJOR growth spurt and started outgrowing their newborn clothes!  Lucas is on the left and Wyatt is on the right…here they are lounging in daddy’s chair.

708

My what a difference from their newborn pictures and even the ones in September.  They are both sitting up and looking around!  Not to mention they became so much more aware of everything.

599

In October Daddy received the “lifesaving medal” from the Memphis Fire Department.  Here we are with Grandma Daveluy at his awards ceremony celebrating with him!

 

457

Uncle Steve and Uncle Chip came down from Canada with Grandma Daveluy and we spent the day at the Memphis Zoo.  We had so much fun and the boys loved looking at the animals!

763

 

Later that month we took the boys up to Michigan for the first time.  Lucas decided to make a move on Wyatt’s girlfriend Grace…she was having none of it. LoL.

302

While in Michigan we threw an awesome Halloween party!  Jim,Wyatt and Lucas were all cows and I was their cowgirl.  I <3ed our family costume!

 

376

Here we are on Grandma and Grandpa Daveluy’s deck with the lake in the background.  On this particular day Lucas was in his Zebra costume and Wyatt wanted to be a Tiger :)

 

IMG_1164

In November we put up our Christmas tree and while mommy was wrapping presents she decided to put bows on the best presents she ever got.  This is Lucas and daddy…all wrapped up!IMG_1189

In November Grandma and Grandpa Daveluy came down and we got a chance to go shopping!  Lucas was sleeping, but Wyatt was awake so while shopping for pots and pans we decided he fit just right!

 

 

 

IMG_1095 We went to Arkansas for Thanksgiving and the boys got to meet their Great Grandma Jane and Great Grandpop (not shown)  Here is Lucas with Grandma Jane and Wyatt with Poppie (my dad)

15 (o)

We also got the boys 3 month pictures done in November.  This is one we put on our Christmas card, and one of our personal favorites :)Wyatt is on the left and Lucas is on the right.

 

 

WGTN_12-10-2009_0209_1

 

December was an awesome month.   We were so busy that not many pictures got taken but the boys did get to meet Santa Clause for the first time.  They got all dressed up as reindeers for their first picture with Santa.  Lucas is on the left and Wyatt is on the right.

 

IMG_1234

Here’s daddy holding the boys by the back of their overalls!  Lucas is on the left and Wyatt is on the right…Jim was so afraid the overalls were going to break, but they didn’t…and we got the picture LoL.

IMG_1257

In December we got another chance to visit Michigan and this time we borrowed Grandma and Grandpa Daveluy’s brand new Tahoe that seats 8!  We were able to have Lucas, Wyatt and Grace in the middle seat and Meghan in the back and all go to lunch in one car….talk about awesome.  This is what Jim and I would look like with 3 babies….looks good right?!?! LoL.IMG_1309

We were lucky to get to spend Christmas Day at Honey and Poppie’s house.  Here is Wyatt piled up with with all the new stuffed animals they got from Honey.

 

IMG_1427

This picture was taken tonight.  (I know I should have more from the beginning of the month but I didn’t get many other than the ones on my phone!)  Wyatt has officially discovered his feet.  And he LOVES them :)

IMG_1428

Here is Lucas tonight.  He is so big and he just keeps kicking and kicking.  I be he crawls before Wyatt does.  He has almost figured out how to scoot…I think I might be in trouble!

 

Well I hope everyone enjoyed getting caught up with pictures.  Its been hectic around here lately but I’m hoping that soon I have the option of updating more.  Tuesday Jim and I are going with our realtor to look at houses in Arlington so pray that we find what we’re looking for and can make an offer on something we love!  Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.  I’ve got a ton of videos that I’m going to try and post later this week so stay tuned!

~The Daveluys

1 comment:

  1. Awe, loved looking through all of these pictures. The boys have made so many changes!! But I'm pretty sure they get cuter by the day :)

    I saw the little vacation ticker!! ONE MONTH! WOOT :) I'm excited!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete