Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Been a while

I know its been a while since I last posted but things around our house have been hectic.  The boys are awake more than ever these days and from the looks of it I don't think that's going to change...ever. LoL.  This morning Wyatt started rolling from his back to his tummy consistently.  Its so amazing to watch!  He hasn't realized he can roll either way so he just rolls to the left to get onto his tummy and then to the right to get back onto his back.  I bet when he figures out he can roll either way he'll be rolling all over the apartment!  Lucas has be very fussy this morning.  I think they are going through a growth spurt.  Wyatt spent a lot of time in the past few days sleeping but is back to normal now and Lucas has spent a lot of time sleeping but is cranky when he's awake.  I hope it passes soon.

Other than that the boys haven't had too many "milestones" so to speak.  I wanted to share with you the most amazing thing about having a child.  At night when everything is turned off and Jim is sleeping, the apartment is silent and one of the boys wakes up, he's hungry.  I get out of bed and make a nice warm bottle and then I pull him out of his crib and we sit in the living room in the rocking chair, in the darkness, I give him his bottle and he looks up at me and stares.  Its the most amazing bonding experience.  They are so sweet and its this time of night when I feel closest with the boys.  Wyatt usually reaches up and touches my face, and when he's finished he closes his eyes and lays his head on my shoulder while I cuddle him before putting him back to bed.  Lucas likes to try to hold his bottle (even though he's not great at it yet).  Once we're done he never wants to go back to sleep, he just stares at me and smiles while we cuddle.  These are the moments that make all the hard times worth it.  These are the moments I never want to forget.  My children are my life and its moments like these that make me never want it any other way.  I <3 those boys so much.  I love when they smile at me and when they try something new.  I love everything about them, I even love when they cry.  Jim and I are so blessed and I pray that we can raise them into nice respectable men.  Okay, I'm done.  I just wanted to put that into writing because its something I never want to forget.

That being said, lets move on...We had a WONDERFUL visit with Grandma and Grandpa Daveluy and Don and Laura.  They got into town on Wednesday night, Jim was working but they took the boys and I to dinner at Logan's which was wonderful and so nice of them.  Then we tried to go see Jim and work but he was out on a run so we had a quick tour of the firehouse then headed home.  It was late by the time we got back to the apartment but Grandma Daveluy helped me get the boys in bed and read them their bedtime story.  They love when she reads to them :)  Thursday was a lot of fun, we all spent the day together then Thursday night we all went swimming in the pool at the hotel.  The boys got in but to tell you the truth they didn't like it that much...I'm hoping that once this summer rolls around they will like the water more. Hopefully.  Friday the boys went hunting and the girls (and babies) went to the mall.  From what I hear the boys had a blast and from personal experience, so did the girls. :)  That night Grandma and Grandpa Daveluy watched the boys while Jim and I took Don and Laura out on the town.  Our friends Kristina and John met up with us once we got downtown as did my sister Kelsey.  We all had a blast.  Saturday was low key which was nice, we had dinner at my grandparents house.  It was a good time, I LOVE when my grandma cooks.  Sunday we were going to go to church but everyone ended up over sleeping so we weren't able to make it.  That afternoon we all went to play Putt Putt then to dinner at Texas De Brazil.  Dinner was amazing....Lucas slept the whole time but Wyatt was up and wanting to be walked so we took turns walking him around the restaurant and through the Peabody Hotel.  (he made friends with the piano player....he loved watching his hands LoL.) After dinner we said our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa and Jim went to bed but Don and Laura wanted to go to the Flying Saucer so I took them to have a beer then dropped them off at the hotel (I was home before midnight...)  The weekend was exhausting but so much fun and we all miss them so much already.  We can't wait for them to come visit again.

Anyways, the boys are waking up from their nap so I'm going to go spend some time with them.  Oh yeah, I went to the gym last night for the first time.  I didn't do anything extreme but I speed walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and that was enough for starting out.  Hopefully I can keep it up on Jim's off days and will meet my goal of reaching my pre-pregnancy weight.

~The Daveluy's

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It is so nice to meet other mothers-of-twins!

    Your profile picture is lovely, and sure to be a keepsake for years to come!

    ReplyDelete