Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy Days and Sleepless Nights

Not too much has been going on at our house lately.  We've been enjoying being at home since we traveled so much over the holiday season.  I enrolled in college to take online courses, I got really excited but after discussing it with Jimmy he convinced me to hold off on college for a little longer while we look for a house!  Its bittersweet as I was excited for the opportunity to further my education, but I'm also excited for the prospect of maybe buying our first home!

Jim and I have spent most of this past week cleaning and rearranging everything.  We've been here for a year and its about time we do a good deep clean, plus I'd like to have it done before things start picking up again.

Wyatt and Lucas have really started almost playing together recently.  They stare at eachother for hours on end.  If you put a toy in between them they will both reach out and play with it together.  I love seeing them interact like that.  Today we gave them a sippy cup for the first time.  Lucas had the concept down better than Wyatt.  He was holding it with both hands by the handles and trying to put it in his mouth.  I think he gets the idea, he just hasn't quite figured out how to hold it in his mouth once he gets it there.  Wyatt would hold it with one hand and try to get it in his mouth but I think he got frustrated with it too quickly.  We're going to start working with them on it, they will get 2 oz of water in their sippy cups after their 1:00 and 9:00 feedings, that way its not replacing the bottle but at least they learn the concept.

On another note, Lucas is trying to sit up on his own!  Hes doing a really good job!  He hasn't quite figured out how to ballence himself yet.  If he starts falling to the left he pushes out with his right leg, therefore hes actually pushing himself over...once he figues out to push out with his left leg I think he'll have the sitting down thing under control!  Wyatt will sit sometimes, but he prefers to be standing.  Hes constantly pushing up to stand even when you've got him sitting in you lap.  Its adorable!  When you can get him to sit he falls forward...very rarely does he fall to the side or backwards.

Both boys are drooling like crazy these days.  They have both discovered their thumbs however Wyatt prefers to suck on his first two fingers while Lucas is a thumb boy.  Its fun to watch but I will have to make sure to break that habit before it becomes too big of a deal, right now they are still little so I'm not really worried about it.

Their 3-6 month clothes are getting tight these days and the 6 month outfits are starting to fit really well.  I love watching them grow but this means its time to reorganize the closet again.  No fun!  I wish they could stay this little forever, but still learn to walk and talk of course....and maybe use the restroom on their own...but then I'd be able to cuddle them forever and I know the day is comming when they're not gonna want to sit and cuddle anymore their going to want to be moving and crawling and getting into things.

Anyways, Jim is renting a movie and we are going to spend some quality time together while we start taking down the Christmas decorations...yes I know, we should have taken them down a LONG time ago but sometimes it takes a while for things around here to get done! LoL.

These pictures were taken with my camera on my phone so they aren't the best quality but I thought I'd post them anyways :)


Lucas (with his mouse that Honey gave him)


Wyatt

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting about the boys almost playing together!!! I know you've been waiting excitedly for this time :) It'll be fun when I get there because I'm sure they'll be pretty interactive together by that time!

    Love the pictures. I still can't believe how big they've gotten since just last month! Tell them to stop growing and to just be tiny forever. lol.

    Call me later today...it's my DAY OFF :) WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Oh, and if we don't talk until the weekend or so, have fun with your in-laws...lol.

    ReplyDelete