Saturday, January 2, 2010

blowing bubbles

I have just discovered that Lucas and Wyatt can be entertained for hours if you just blow bubbles with your bubble gum. Its cute.

Today was a pretty low key day. Jimmy worked so he left bright and early this morning. Lucas woke up at 8:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep so I put him in his swing and it worked like a charm...out in a matter of seconds! lol. I decided to go back to bed since the boys weren't due to eat untill 9....30 more minutes of sleep is huge when your taking care of the boys all day by yourself! I woke up an hour later to Wyatt "talking" to himself in his crib. He wasn't even fussing! It was super adorable. I went ahead and fed Wyatt since Lucas was still sleeping in the swing, then I fed Lucas. Not a problem but it did set us back 30 minutes for the day. Normally the boys will wake me up if I'm not up before 9...today was the first day they didn't scream at 9 on the dot. Guess I'll have to start setting an alarm. oh well. :)

After the boys at it was time for momma to have breakfast. I made "eggs in a frame" in an attempt to eat healthier. I was tempted to have the rest of the cinnamon rolls left over from last night. blah. (shouldn't have had those last night either...oh well.) I think having a proper breakfast really helped today. I had loads more energy that I usually do. I think I'll have eggs every morning, or at least a few times a week. haha.

After breakfast the boys and I played for about 45 minutes before they fell asleep again. They are smiling so much these days. I still can't get them to laugh like thier Honey can, but sometimes they chuckle at me. The other day Lucas was laughing at Jim...I guess I'm just not that funny to them since I'm around them literally 24/7....oh well. I just love to hear them laugh, no matter WHO their laughing at. :)

While the boys napped I got the kitchen cleaned....did the dishes and wiped the counters. Then I started some laundry. I had SOOO much laundry to do today and I didn't even get to ours, the boys however, not one piece of dirty clothing. yay.

Once the boys got up we played again for a little while then they had their lunch. yum. Avocados. Not their favorite but they like it okay. After they ate it was time to do more laundry while they took their afternoon nap. I swear I feel like I barly accompished anything today other than laundry. blah.

Once the boys got up I started blowing bubbles with my bubble gum...they loved it. They just kept staring at me...it was tooo funny. I blew so many bubbles that my jaw got sore! After that my cousins Nick, Camille, and her husband Rob came by. They are staying here tonight since they didn't want to drive back to Arkansas after the Liberty Bowl. Arkansas won. yay. Anyways. They left to go to dinner and I fed the boys and put them to bed. They're going to bring me back some cheese dip since I already had a snack this afternoon. I'm excited for it. :)

Anyways, that was our day today. Boring? yes. But I love it.

~ The Daveluys

No comments:

Post a Comment