Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saying Hello!

I've been a long time blogger and decided that since Jim and I have started our lives together I want to have a place to share our relationship and our children. Lucas and Wyatt will be 5 months old this week! They are growing up so fast! I thought I'd start our new blog with posting our new years resolutions, partially to keep us motivated and partially to have some accountability. So here goes nothing...I hope this year holds many happy times for us.


**I'd like to get on a schedule. I have the boys on a feeding schedule however, I'd like to get them on a nap time schedule as well. I'd also like to get myself on a schedule daily and weekly.


**I'd like to loose my baby weight. I was 122.6 when I got pregnant and right now I'm at 148.4. I know that I'm not 'big' but I'd really like to be tiny again lol. Plus it would be nice to fit into some of my old clothes without feeling "squeezed" in. This requires some major changes in my lifestyle. Ever since the boys were born I've been eating junk so I'll have to change my diet and exercise routine. (I've added this into my schedule lol) If I can do just 30 minutes of exercise a day then I'll be proud of myself. Jim and I have agreed to try and loose weight together so I'm counting on him to keep my motivated. :)


**I'd like to learn to cook. I don't cook anything that's not out of a box and I've got all these recipe books which I'd really like to put to good use. Plus it will help me eat healthier if I'm making my own meals instead of eating fast food all the time. Not to mention, once the boys get old enough I'd like to be the family that eats together, not the one that goes out all the time.


**Work on my faith. I feel like I'm far away from God and I want to feel like he's my best friend again. I don't pray as often as I should and I don't put my trust in him like I should. I need to completely turn my life over to him and become "hot" instead of "luke-warm" which is where I feel I am now. I also want to make sure the boys grow up in a christian home. Jim is much better about praying and going to church than I am and I'd like to put in more of an effort into forming our family into a godly one.


**I want to date my husband. I want to be sure to put time aside for 'just us'. I know that we take every opportunity we have to go out together, however sometimes those opportunities aren't so frequent. I'd like to make sure we have a "us" night at least once a month. we're pretty good about this already but I'd like to make sure it continues.


**I'd like to figure out where we're going to live. Right now we both feel like we don't belong in Memphis. I feel like we should raise our family in Michigan since that's where we have the most family and friends, but that's such a big move that it makes us kind of hesitant to commit. I'd like to figure out where we're meant to be. I don't know if this will happen in the next year as I really need to just pray and hand it over to God....(refer back to previous "goal")....but it would be nice to know where we're going.


**I'd like to save up at least $5,000 towards a down payment on a home. Idk if we can do it, but I know that we've almost payed off all our debt (we paid for my entire pregnancy/birth out of pocket...) we've only got about $3000 left to pay and I feel like saving $5000 wouldn't be that hard. We'll see. At the least I'd like to start a saving account for a home.

~The Daveluys

1 comment:

  1. weird... pretty much every new years resolution that you have, is also mine! Minus the moving one! NO thank you! Good luck my friend :)
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete