Friday, March 5, 2010

Sick Little Boy.

We’ve been at the doctor all morning, my poor Wyatt is super sick.  According to Dr. Kronenburg he has a low grade fever, and ear infection in his left ear, and RSV.  Apparently its highly contagious and Lucas will more than likely contract it as well, however since its a virus there isn’t anything we can do for it.  The doctor told us what to look for and if it got bad to go to the ER.  Luckily, since we have two very healthy boys most of the time the doctor doesn’t think it will get that bad.  He says they are old enough that he’s not super worried about it.  Wyatt kept me up all night last night coughing which is what prompted us to take him in.  Now he’s on antibiotics for the ear infection and we have to keep an eye on the fever but the doctor said that ear infections are contagious so if Lucas gets on it will more than likely be due to the RSV which is what caused Wyatt’s.  Anyways, enough sick talk.

The other day I was reading the Anderson's blog and Kimberly had given Isabelle these Graduates Biter Biscuits made by Gerber.  I’ve heard of them before and was curious so the next trip I made to the store I was sure to pick some up.  At first the boys weren’t big fans, but then I sat on the floor and showed them how to eat it and they were all about it!  Here’s a picture of Lucas and a video of Wyatt munching down on their new favorite snack. (please ignore Kristina and Mike carrying on a conversation in the background LoL)

41907941b

On another note, I also bought the boys some Graduates Yogurt Melts…I’d heard from a few different mommy friends that their babies just LOVED them.  Well, mine hate them! LoL.  I’m just speculating right now but I honestly think its because I make my own baby food and it has so much more flavor than the store bought processed baby food.  The yogurt melts aren’t bad but they are chalky almost and even though Jim and I will snack on them the boys aren’t too keen on the idea, which is fine with me since there isn’t much nutrition in them to begin with.  I just thought they’d be good to help teach the boys how to chew so they can slowly graduate to snacking once they actually get teeth. (which I believe is on the way, I’m 99% sure I can see one about to break through in Wyatt’s mouth!)

On that note, I’m heading out to take Kristina to the airport, she gets to go visit her sister in Colorado this week but needs a ride to the airport!

~The Daveluy’s

3 comments:

  1. My Wyatt never liked the yogurt melts either...I tried one once and didn't care for them so I didn't push it on him. Have you thought about trying the baby puffs? If you use the Gerber (or store brand) they dissolve in their mouth...make sure to read the pkg and see what stage they are for though, I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked into them. I wanted to wait to buy more things like that until they finish what we've already bought. Plus, they don't get them often anyways, I'm more of an all natural feeder at this stage and those aren't what I'd consider healthy for my boys LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Lucas loves the yogurt melts, when he hears the bag he gets excited lol.
    Those Biter Biscuits are so messy, I only let Lucas have one when he is in a diaper only.

    ReplyDelete