Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Home, A New Start

We have finally got everything moved.  It has been such a hectic couple of weeks.  Let me start where we last left off.

Lucas and Wyatt are a thousand times better.  Having sick babies was no fun!  They got off their schedule when they were sick and it was nearly impossible to keep them on it while we were painting the house and moving but now that things have settled down a bit we’re doing our best to get them back on schedule as quickly as possible.

Like I mentioned above we painted our house. It was difficult trying to get it all done in 4 days but somehow we managed.  Our friend Casey used to work for a professional painter so he came over and helped which sped things up a lot.  He also gave us some awesome pointers so when we go to paint again (not for a LONG time hopefully) we’ll be able to do it on our own!  We painted the kitchen a deep red and the living room/entry hall/hallway are all painted a darker shade of gold.  The colors look really good together! (huge relief as I was taking a huge risk with the gold LoL)  The boys nursery got painted a rust color, however Jim thinks it looks more like “Hooters orange” LoL.  Personally its one of my favorite colors we picked out and I just LOVE how it looks with all their black furniture!  Both bathrooms got painted blue (different shades) and our room got painted a dark tan color.  We left the staircase, bonus room, and 3rd bedroom the plain white that was on the walls to begin with because we couldn’t agree on colors and I’m afraid that if we choose something too crazy its going to look like a color wheel threw up in our house LoL.  Either way, I love how everything came together and it really feels like its OURS!

Jim’s parents and brother came down for a few days to help us move which was SO nice of them.  It was wonderful to have some help since we didn’t really have anyone here in town who would have been able to help us and it would have been very difficult for the two of us to do it alone and watch the boys at the same time.  (I don’t even want to imagine that!)  It was so wonderful to see them and the boys really enjoyed hanging out with Grandma Daveluy!  Grandma says she’s going to come back to visit in May and we are so excited already!  One thing that is really nice about having a house is that when they came down everyone had their own room!  It was wonderful not to feel crowded in and cramped and unable to move around anyone and I’m sure they enjoyed staying here instead of at some hotel…I know we enjoyed having them here.  The last night they were in town after the boys went to sleep Jim and I took Don out to Beale Street.  We had so much fun and it was SO nice to have a break after being so stressed all month.  I like to think we were celebrating the move finally being complete!

The only thing we have left to do is get about one more load of stuff out of the apartment (the kitchen trash can and a few things from the bathrooms is all that got left I think) and get it cleaned.  Tomorrow I plan on spending a good part of the day at the apartment scrubbing and vacuuming.  It should be interesting LoL.  Oh yes, and getting all the food out of the refrigerator…I keep wanting to go on a major shopping spree at Kroger but am constantly reminding myself we have all the food at the apartment that hasn’t been brought over yet so I need to just chill on the grocery shopping until I figure out what we already have!  I think the hardest part about moving has been finding a place for everything!  Its crazy, now that we have room to store everything I can’t decide where I want to put stuff!  I thought I had a really great idea of it in my head, but then when I tried to put it into action it didn’t turn out like I had planned! LoL.  At least we won’t be moving any time soon so I don’t have to worry about all that again for a while.

On that note I’m going to go to bed.  This new start to our new lives in the suburbs has been exhausting and I’m so ready to just be finished with it all!  We have to be out of the apartment by Tuesday afternoon then hopefully before the weekend rolls around we’ll have everything unpacked here.  Then its Branson and Jeff and Meghan coming to town!  (Which we are SOOOOO excited about!)

I promise to get on soon and post pictures of our house once everything is in order!

~The Daveluy’s

1 comment:

  1. We are SOOOO excited tooo!!! I can't wait for pictures and then to see it in person!! :)

    ReplyDelete