Thursday, March 11, 2010

I should have updated sooner….

but things around here have been hectic with two sick little boys and trying to get everything in order to close on our first house (tomorrow!)

We sat at the hospital for 6 hours only to find out that there wasn’t anything they could do for Wyatt.  Apparently wheezing is completely normal and we just have to “wait it out”.  Easier said than done.  It was heartbreaking seeing him suffer and knowing we couldn’t do anything but hold him and love him.  Luckily he is doing much better now!  He has slept though the night 2 nights in a row and this morning he was barely coughing at all.  Thank you so much for all your prayers.

Lucas, on the other hand, is not having an easy go of it.  I thought he was dealing with the RSV better than Wyatt was until this morning.  See, the past 3 mornings he has thrown up after his morning bottle.  I’m not talking a little vomit, I’m talking a LOT of vomit.  The first two mornings he threw up in the middle of a coughing fit so I assumed he had coughed so hard he made himself sick.  I know I’ve done that before so I guess that’s why I wasn’t too worried about it.  Well this morning he had already had his little fit and had calmed down (oh how happy I was that he hadn’t thrown up all over me again!) I was changing his diaper and he just started projectile vomiting all over me, himself, the changing table…my poor baby.  This made me remember that Dr. Kronenburg had asked us when we took in Wyatt if he was throwing up, when I remembered that I thought it best to make an appointment.  We will be going in at 11:40 this morning.  I’m sure they are just going to tell me that he has RSV (duh) and he may or may not have an ear infection like Wyatt had, but like I said when we decided to go to Le Bonheur…better safe than sorry.  The co-pay is only $20 and I’d rather loose 20 bucks than worry about my child.  I promise to update later this afternoon when we get back from the doctor and let you all know how Lucas is doing.  (If I’m lucky he’ll look at Wyatt again too and tell me he’s doing much better! haha)

~The Daveluy’s

No comments:

Post a Comment