Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Date Night

Monday was an awesome day. Jim let me sleep in and get some much needed rest since I was up untill about 3:30 am taking care of the boys. Lucas is just now getting out of his "wake up in the middle of the night" stage, Wyatt is just starting it...that makes me one sleepy momma. After I finally dragged myself out of bed the 4 of us just spent the day hanging out as a family. It was really nice to just spend a day not doing hardly anything except spending time together.

At around 5 pm, Kelsey came over with Lauren to babysit for Jim and I. We got to go on a date night! We went to Beale Street to have Dyers since they are HANDS DOWN the BEST burgers in the city. yum. Next we were planning on going straight to the movies but we missed it cause we took to long eating. oh well. Kelsey said it was okay for us to stay out later so we went up to Ubees and saw some of our old friends. We hung out there for about 2 hours then headed to the theater to see Avatar 3D. AWESOME movie. Theater worthy, go see it. The movie let out right after 1 am, Jim and I were both exhausted. We headed straight home and Jim went to bed and I stayed up for what was only going to be an extra 10 minutes, it was all down hill from there.

I finally made it to bed at 6 am. The boys were having a HORRABLE night. I dont know what was wrong with them, they just weren't sleeping well. At 6 Jim started helping me out and at about 7 he took over completely and let me sleep in the next morning. What a sweetheart.

Tuesday after I finally woke up Jim and I spent a little time together then I went to run erands. I went to Walmart and Kroger and it took me FOREVER. I didn't even get that much but apparently the news has hyped up that we are going to get snow so everyone is running out buying bottled water and stocking up on canned foods. blah. Personally I think they are over reacting, but thats what happens in Memphis when you mention snow. oh well.

I got home about 6 pm and Jim and I decided to have breakfast for dinner. He made the sausage while I steamed pears for baby food then I made the eggs and toast. Dinner was delishious. I truly enjoyed it! We put Wyatt and Lucas in their high chairs and had them sit at the table with us while we ate...they smiled the whole time. I love when we have family dinners together, even though the boys aren't technically eating, they are still participating. :)

After dinner I finished making baby food (which I also intend to do today....I bought ALOT of fruit/veggies at Kroger to make baby food) and we put the boys to bed. Jim went to bed shortly there after and I stayed up and took care of the babies since they STILL aren't sleeping. I made it to bed around 3:30 am. Figures. It turned out okay though because Jim let me sleep untill 1:30 today! I woke up and the living room was spotless. It was wonderful, he let me sleep in and cleaned! I must say I have the BEST husband in the whole world. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him.

This "morning" has been low key. We're planning on going to Kristina's for dinner tonight which will be fun. Right now Jim is reading to the boys...they LOVE looking at the pictures in their story books. Lucas is getting soooo excited. Its funny! On that note, I'm going to go make some baby food and pick up the dinning room so that all the common areas of the house are clean and finished so I can focus on the bedrooms while Jim works tomorrow. Hope everyones having a great day!

~The Daveluys

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog! =)
    Date nights are always fun!!
    People freak out if there is even one snow flurry here, they were completely out of Milk at Wal-mart and both of the Kroger's!!
    Yay for making your own baby food, I'm pretty much obsessed with doing it!!! Did Meghan suck you in?? She totally convinced me it was a necessity!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast for supper!!!! The best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! She made me a book and showed me how to do it and it has saved us SOOO MUCH MONEY! Having twins I can't imagine how much it would cost to buy formula AND canned baby food. we go through about $100 in formula a week anyways! lol. Are y'all going up to Michigan soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for date night.
    Boo for the boys not sleeping.
    Yay for homemade baby food!

    That is all ;)

    ReplyDelete